bool lchgrp(string $filename, mixed $group)
Attempts to change the group of the symlink
Only the superuser may change the group of a symlink arbitrarily; other users may change the group of a symlink to any group of which that user is a member.
TRUE on success or
FALSE on failure.
- string $filename: Path to the symlink.
- mixed $group: The group specified by name or number.
Example #1 Changing the group of a symbolic link
$target = 'output.php';
$link = 'output.html';
- This function will not work on remote files as the file to be examined must be accessible via the server's filesystem.
- When safe mode is enabled, PHP checks whether the files or directories being operated upon have the same UID (owner) as the script that is being executed.
- This function is not implemented on Windows platforms.